Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Try it on Tuesday - Color Club Disco Dress


This is my first contribution to Try it on Tuesday.  
Participating will help with one of the biggest aims of starting my blog, that is to encourage the use of so many products I haven’t shown enough or even any love to.  
Thanks for setting this challenge ladies and for making all of us feel welcome to join in.  
To see a list Jilltastic is keeping on her blog of those participating, click here.

I’m going to show 2 untrieds today.  A nail polish and a lipstick.
First up is the Nail polish - Color Club Disco Dress.

 Color Club Disco Dress with Color Club Pucci-Licious as an accent on ring finger

As neons do it dries to a matte finish.  I have left my index finger without top coat so you can see the original finish of it.  The ring finger accent is another Color Club from an earlier purchase it's Pucci-Licious which I love.
I was lucky enough to score an absolute bargain from the best place to get Color Club polishes in New Zealand, Usanailsonline.  They recently had a deal to buy the entire 23 Poptastic collection for under NZ$60.  I couldn't resist the bargain even though I already have so many neons from Color Club.  During a previous special they had 24 for $24. Needless to say I ordered 2 lots and got 48 polishes only 5 of which were duplicates. I know I don't need that many neons but they make my storage rack look like such a pretty & bright rainbow :)  


Photo Taken before I acquired the Poptastic Collection



Next up is a lipstick I craved after seeing a review and swatches on Vampy Varnish here.
Bite Beauty Luminous Creme Lipstick in Cava.  But alas I knew it was a brand I would never be able to obtain. That is until NZSale had Bite beauty available.  But would they have Cava?  I opened the sale with so much anticipation and Yuss! they had Cava and so many others it took me a while to decide on what to buy.  The shipping cost makes it better to purchase a few products rather than just one, or thats what we tell ourselves right?  

Bite Beauty Luminous Creme Lipstick in Cava

Cava is a nude that is on the pink and even slightly mauve side.  So really the picture is not at all colour acurate and therefore is just to show you how cute tube is that it comes in.

WARNING close up of my lips coming!  Oops too late.

I love these sorts of shades for everyday wear as I think they really suit my colouring.  This is more colour accurate though it is less pink and more neutral in real life.


It is incredibly creamy on my lips though not in a moisturising way because it sits on your lips rather than being soaked up therefore it stays on well.  

Gosh I feel like that was such a  long post and the photos are a bit of a mish-mash but I just had a bit  to share and a few photos backing up.

Thanks for visiting
Jewells xox

No comments:

Post a Comment